- 3 different type of tours to suit your cycling preferences: Recreational, Endurance, and KOM
- A roomy van that carries your gear (and you, if you choose to take a break)
- Guides are long-term foreign residents of Taiwan and fluent in Chinese
- Nutritious and delicious breakfast, snacks, and lunch are provided each day, along with recommendations for dinner choices and off-bike activities
- Accommodation in guesthouses and hotels chosen for their comfort and cleanliness, amenities such as hot spring baths, and access to restaurants
- Bicycle rental available
- Fall and spring are ideal for cycling in Taiwan
These cover less distance per day (50 to 80 kilometers) and have few climbs. With shorter days on the bike (5 to 6 hours), there's more time for sightseeing along the way. Taiwan has amazing scenery, and you're going to want to stop and check out the amazing places you're cycling past. Rides vary in distance from 3 days to 2 weeks.
These cover greater distance (80 km and more each day) and feature more climbing (1000 to 3500 meters). Riders will spend more time on the bike each day (6 to 10 hours), and sample the mountain climbs that Taiwan is famous for. You'll cover a lot of ground and see this islands' amazing scenery, along the wild coast, through fertile farming valleys, and climbing into the jungle-covered mountains.
These are for cyclists who want to challenge Taiwan's many epic climbs. KOM tours are not about riding along the coast or through farming areas. They feature tough days, with multiple steep climbs (15%+ is not uncommon) on mountain roads with little traffic and good surface, and long climbs to passes that reach to 1000, 2000, and even 3000 meters in height.
Local Knowledge; Foreign Perspective
Sub-tropical Taiwan is a paradise for bicycle touring. The island offers unparalleled natural scenery, a mild climate, delicious food, friendly people, and opportunity for adventure around every corner.
Bike Monkey Tours is operated by foreign, long-term residents whose aim is to share the experience of cycling in this fantastic setting with people from around the world.
From the moment you arrive in Taiwan, Bike Monkey Tours will make your cycling holiday one to remember. We'll handle all of the details, so you can focus on riding.
Get in Touch
Write to email@example.com to learn more about bike touring in Taiwan.